Lawrence is a Partner in the Firm’s Trusts and Estates Department and he also counsels clients in taxation, business law and real estate. Prior to joining the firm in July of 2011, he was a Partner at Hawthorne, Ackerly & Dorrance, LLC, in New Canaan, from 1995 to 2011. Lawrence started his career as an attorney in the National Office of the Internal Revenue Service, in Washington, D.C. While there, he was involved in a number of high profile cases involving corporations and partnerships. Lawrence advises clients on all aspects of estate planning, probate, estate and trust administration, and business succession planning. He regularly prepares complex wills, trusts and shareholder agreements, as well other estate planning and business documents.
Lawrence is originally from Wilton, Connecticut and currently resides there with his wife and three children.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Canaan, Connecticut Chamber of Commerce (President, 2008-2009)
- Kiwanis Club of Wilton, Connecticut (President, 2004-2005)
- Ogden House, Wilton, Connecticut (HUD subsidized living facility, Secretary and Director – 2004 to present)
- Wilton Library Association (Trustee, 2014-present)