Rod is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department and practices in the areas of commercial litigation, general civil litigation and intellectual property litigation. He has represented clients from a variety of industries in a broad range of litigation matters before trial and appellate courts on the state and federal level, as well as before administrative bodies.
Rod’s commercial and general litigation experience includes: commercial disputes based in breach of contract, business torts and fraud; partnership disputes; construction disputes and mechanic’s liens; commercial and residential landlord-tenant disputes; fiduciary litigation involving corporate officers, trustees and executors; real estate disputes and contested issues involving real property; land use issues before municipal bodies and related appeals to the court; employment disputes, including enforcement and defense of restrictive covenants in employment agreements; and personal injury litigation.
Rod’s intellectual property experience includes: trademark infringement; unfair competition; copyright infringement; misappropriation of trade secrets; defamation; license agreement disputes; and opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Prior to joining the firm in 2004, Rod was associated with the international law firm of White & Case LLP, where he worked in the Intellectual Property Group of the Litigation Department in New York City. Thereafter, Rod was associated with Entwistle & Cappucci LLP, where he worked in the Commercial Litigation Department in its New York City office.
Rod grew up in Greenwich and resides there now with his wife and children.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Fairfield County Bar Association (President, 2016-17; Executive Board 2013-2018; Board of Directors 2010-2018; Member of Bar since 2006)
- Greenwich Bar Association (President, 2009-2010; Executive Board, 2004-2010; Member of Bar since 2004)
- Connecticut Council of Bar Presidents (Member, 2009-2010, 2016-2017)
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member since 2000)
- Greenwich Emergency Medical Service, Inc. (“GEMS”) (Vice Chairman of the Board, 2018; Board of Directors since 2014)
- The Old Timers Athletic Association of Greenwich (Second Vice President, 2017-2018; Secretary, 2015-2016; Board of Directors since 2012)
- Greenwich Point Conservancy (Board of Directors since 2015; Advisory Board 2012-2014)
- Greenwich Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors, 2017-2018)
- Silver Shield Association Education Fund (Board of Directors since 2017)
- Town of Greenwich Community and Police Partnership, East Side Sector (Member since 2008)
Honors and Recognition
- Connecticut Super Lawyer®, General Litigation, 2016. See selection information at http://www.superlawyers.com/connecticut/selection_details.html
- New England Super Lawyer®, Rising Star, General Litigation, 2011-2014. See selection information at http://www.superlawyers.com/connecticut/selection_details.html
- Connecticut Super Lawyer®, Rising Star, General Litigation 2011-2014. See selection information at http://www.superlawyers.com/connecticut/selection_details.html
- Syracuse University College of Law, Alumni Career Spotlight Program, 2010-2011
- Law Review, Syracuse University College of Law, 1997-1999
- Moot Court Honor Society, Syracuse University College of Law, 1997-1999
Sample Reported Decisions
- Carpets Plus, Inc. v. New Rochelle Carpet, Inc., 90 Mass. App. Ct. 1103 (2016).
- Benedetto v. Dietze & Assocs. LLC, 159 Conn. App. 874 (2015).
- Law Offices of Frank N. Peluso, P.C. v. Estate of Zanette, 2014 WL 1345246 (Conn. Super. March 11, 2014).
- Benedetto v. Dietze & Assocs. LLC, 2014 WL 1814284 (Conn. Super. Apr. 10, 2014).
- Lee v. AIG Casualty Co., 919 F. Supp. 2d 219 (D. Conn. 2013).
- Caires v. Bueti Development Corp., 2012 WL 3007487 (Conn. Super. June 21, 2012).
- Stuart v. Snyder, 125 Conn. App. 506 (2010), cert. denied, 300 Conn. 921 (2011).
- Wells Fargo Bank v. Treglia, 2011 WL 3672037 (Conn. Super. July 25, 2011).
- Gatto v. Town of Greenwich Planning & Zoning Comm’n, 2008 WL 5650849 (Conn. Super. Nov. 19, 2008).
- Harmon v. Pearson, 2007 WL 1321680 (Conn. Super. April 24, 2007).
- Bridgeport Capital Services, Inc. v. Ruby Tuesday, Inc., 6 Misc.3d 50, 790 N.Y.S.2d 809 (Sup. Ct. App. Term 2004).
- Discovery Communications, Inc. v. Animal Planet, Inc., 172 F. Supp. 2d 1282 (C.D. Cal. 2001).